I just participated in sorority recruitment, but this time on the recruiting side as a member of the Beta Mu chapter of Gamma Phi Beta at FSU. I’d like to start by clarifying that this is Look Book of everything I wore this year, as a member, not what I wore when I participated in recruitment as a new member last year! After making this look book, I’d love to post ideas for what to wear if you’re not in a sorority yet, but since recruitment is over for this year, I’ll save it for next year!
As initiated sisters, we were given guidelines for outfits every day to keep a cohesive look to our chapter. This is probably my most in-depth style post so far, and it has pretty much every single item I wore during the seven days of recruitment!
For every item that I wore, I linked the exact one if I could find it, or some similar styles that would work in place of what I wore. I tried to make them all items that are super affordable (because that’s how I shop). P.S. A ton of these items are on sale right now, so be sure to give them a peak if you see something you like!!
For each round and day, I’ll include a brief description of the overall dress code, and link all the items you see underneath each picture:
– Round One: Day 1 & 2 – These were the most casual days; PNMs (potential new members) and sisters all wear t-shirts given out by Panhellenic, with cute sandals, and a choice of bottoms
– My chapter: I wore a denim skirt, and other sisters in my chapter wore skinny jeans. We all wore brown gladiator-style sandals, and gold jewelry. I pretty much wear the same bracelets every day, so I’m going to link my usual stack here instead of including it in every picture!
– Round Two: Day 3 & 4 – Recruitment basically gets dressier every day/round; round two called for casual sundresses/rompers and sandals for PNMs, and for sisters, sorority t-shirts with a variety of bottoms, and wedges/chunky heels
– My chapter: We wore these flowy white t-shirts, with high-rise flared or skinny jeans. These jeans were flattering on everyone, and the shirts were so comfy! We wore brown wedges and gold jewelry.
– Round Three: Day 5 – PNMs wore sundresses/rompers and wedges or chunky heels, and sisters wore nicer dresses/rompers/jumpers and heels (again, this is just a general idea, outfits varied from chapter to chapter)
– My chapter: Each chapter usually chooses a color scheme for this round, so we stuck with olive, cream, and taupe/nude colored dresses for this round, all paired with nude heels. I wore the purplish-taupe dress in the upper right corner of the picture, and I linked some other dresses that would work as substitutes. I opted for platforms with a thicker heel to maximize comfort, as this was the longest day of rounds.
– Round Four: Preference Round, Day 6 – The attire for preference round splits between PNMs and sisters here. PNMs are the dressiest for this round, wearing cocktail dresses and heels. For sisters, preference ceremonies are part of ritual, so again, it varies, but many chapters wear more natural hair and makeup, and simple, maxi dresses of one color (often just white or black), and many chapters go barefoot this round (which is a nice break after wearing heels!)
– My chapter: We all wore simple black maxi dresses, with simple jewelry or a pearl necklace.
– Bid Day: Day 7 – Finally!! Bid day was a long-time-coming. Every school is different, but at FSU, each chapter chooses a theme for Bid Day. The general look was tank tops to match the theme, and denim shorts.
– My chapter: Our theme was desert/festival, and we wore cut off denim shorts with our tank tops, and the same sandals as the first round. Sisters wore cream tanks, and new members were given dark blue ones. We accessorized with chunky silver jewelry, cute bralettes, braided hairstyles, and some face paint to go with the theme.
It was such a long week of long days and hard work, but it was so worth it to welcome home 95 new members! I hope you enjoyed this look book and found some outfit inspo! Leave me a comment below which look is your favorite!