Hello, and happy December! I’m so excited this new month is here, but I love taking this moment to reflect on the previous month before it comes to a close. Brooke and I were just talking about how November seemed to pass in a second. Even though it went so quickly, we still felt fulfilled by all the things November encompassed.
I focused pretty heavily on school and YouTube videos this month over written blog posts, but I truly have no regrets. In November, I also worked on a collab photoshoot with two photographer friends, which was so new and fun!
- Blogging – Another good month of page views in the books! Pinterest drove over 90% of my blog traffic, as I didn’t do too much to manually promote posts this month. The majority of my posts this month were videos, so most traffic was to older blog posts.
- Mental health – I can quite honestly, and quite happily, say this was one of my best mental health & anxiety months in a long long time. Maybe in the whole year! Staying busy definitely helps overall, and I had a good balance of school and family/break time. My bad anxiety definitely correlates highly with more stressful school weeks, so it’s definitely been easier on me to move into the last few weeks of the semester.
- Applying to law school – In case you missed my latest college vlog, I submitted my law school application this month! The application was a big deal for me and it was such a sigh of relief to finally get it submitted. I’m still prepping to take the LSAT a second time, but it’s such a huge blessing to have some ‘big’ things in my life finally wrap up. I’m in my last two weeks of college, y’all.
- Life lately – I also shot my graduation pictures this month (YAY!) and spent a lovely week with family for Thanksgiving break. I’m a pro at being over-stressed and over-anxious, but this month I made positivity and silver-linings my best friends. And it made all the difference. Some of y’all have really picked up on the positivity trend on my Instagram & in my videos and I hope the change is here to stay. There will always be negative things in life and things we can’t control. I’d rather focus on the good things, which are just as ever-present, if you choose to see them.
- Candidly – I really enjoyed November, but I can’t sad I’m sad to see it go. This month really felt like an incubation for December, and I am oh-so-ready-for-it. Today also starts Vlogmas/Blogmas, (my next post is coming today, also). And we’ve officially entered my absolute favorite month of the year.
Thanks for being here, thanks for reading. Happy December, once again. I wish you all the holiday blessings! And students, best of luck on finals, we’re so close, you got this!