The new year will be here before we know it. 2016 was a crazy year, and I know I’m definitely ready to start fresh again. Each new year brings the infamous new year’s resolutions that are too easily forgotten just as quickly as they were made. Instead of checking smaller things off a list this year (or never even checking them off at all), here’s some practical goals to shoot for.
- Be present. Live in the current moment, instead of always living for the next one. Focus on what is being said and what is happening instead of what you’ll say next and what will happen next.
- Say goodbye to the past. Stop holding on to whatever mistakes, grudges, or bad memories you haven’t let go of. If there’s nothing else you can do about it, leave it alone, and try to move forward. You’re trying to live in the present, remember?
- Be genuine. Aim for authenticity over perfection. Mean what you say and say what you mean.
- Be proud of yourself. Celebrate the little victories along with the big ones. You’re awesome.
- Practice thankfulness. Count your blessings more than you count your worries.
- Keep handing over everything to God. His plan will work out sooner or later, so might as well let His work start now.
- Keep going, keep working hard, keep being passionate, and keep making each year better than the last.