Community is such an important part of blogging, and the community I’ve found (and continue to find) is a huge part of my passion for blogging. That being said, blogger awards are a great way to foster that community! It’s been a little while since I posted this formal introduction, and with my blog always growing, this award lets me share a little more about myself with you all.
I was nominated by Charlotte from Letters From Sunshine for the Liebster Blogger Award, and since I have been nominated for this award once or twice previously, I figured it was time to make my own post! As Charlotte talked about in her nomination, supporting each other is vital in the blogging world and this award is a great way to do that, and recognize some of my fellow girl-boss bloggers and all their hardwork!
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Accept/decline the nomination: nomination doesn’t mean you have to create your own post, but accepting keeps the award spreading!
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions at the end of your nominator’s post
- Leave 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award!
My 11 Facts
- I’ve been blogging since August 2016, and while I didn’t know what I was getting into when I started my blog late one night, I’m so glad I did, and I hope to always have blogging & writing as a part of my life.
- I’m a 19-year-old from the sunny state of Florida.
- I attend college at Florida State University, and I’m a political science major with a minor in business.
- Pretty much everyone calls me crazy for it, but I’m planning on graduating early (in 3 years of less) with my bachelor’s before moving on to law school!
- I have a huge sweet tooth. It’s bad. I will never ever turn down ice cream or dark chocolate!
- I’m a huge fruit and veggie lover. Strawberries and bananas are my favorite, and I definitely like broccoli more than a normal person should.
- I’ve been wanting to go vegetarian for awhile now, or at least try it out for a little, and I’m hoping to do that sometime this year.
- I danced for 12 years, starting when I was only 2, and stopping dance is probably one of my biggest regrets.
- I’ve loved reading and writing as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I wrote a lot of poems and short stories, and I’d send them by email to my family and grandparents… It was almost like having a blog!
- I’ve always been super ambitious, and I hope to have my own company one day.
- I always always always have my nails painted. Life is too short to have plain nails.
Charlotte’s 11 Questions
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for two weeks (without money being an issue), where would you go and what would you do? Europe! I’d spend the 2 weeks traveling around to different countries and cities, and I’d definitely spend some time in London and Paris.
- What is the best book that you have ever read and what did you love so much about it? I don’t think I can pick just one book, but the Harry Potter series will always rank high for me. My sister and mom both read and loved all the books before me, and I eventually read them all in the 5th grade. I still reread them periodically and I think it may just be the greatest series of our generation.
- If you could spend a day with any person in the world (deceased or alive), who would it be and why? Does Jesus count?! I think he would be the most incredible person to spend the day with. I don’t think I could get all my questions answered in just one day, but it would be incredible enough to just be in his presence.
- What is your favorite season? (Interpret this however you want: in terms of weather or a television show.) Spring is my favorite weather-season! I love the nice weather and Easter! Spring is a time for rebirth and growth and all things pastel and floral, so I’m happy. As far as TV shows go, I’ll have to pick the new Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, because the reunion was much needed and it’s definitely one of my favorite shows.
- What is your favorite Christmas movie/show? This is a tough one! I’m not a huge movie-person, but my mom and I usually spend the Christmas season watching all the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies!
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Especially with using it as the name of my blog, I’ve come to love my name and I wouldn’t want to change it, but if I had to, I’d probably change it to Noel, my confirmation name.
- You find a wallet on the ground containing $1,000. You have two choices: return it to the owner or keep it. Here’s the twist: the owner will never realize it’s missing if you decide to keep it. Which choice would you choose and why? I’d still return it, I’d feel way too guilty with $1000 that’s not rightfully mine!
- What is one talent that you would love to have? Gymnastics 100%. My body isn’t flexible enough to be cut out for cheer or gym, but I’ll always wish I could’ve been a great gymnast or cheerleader.
- What is your favorite hashtag? #blessed. All my friends know I use this way too often but I don’t see a problem with that!
- If you could only choose to live one place in the world for the rest of your life, where would you choose and why? I love living in Florida, but if I had the chance to live anywhere, I’d find an amazing Hawaiian beach house to call home.
- Why did you decide to start your blog? Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve always loved to write and I like having a way to express myself creatively. I briefly had a YouTube channel, but that wasn’t what I was looking for. I struggled with a lot with anxiety in high school, and creating and writing for my blog has been a great way to ‘unpack’ my mind and create something productive that’s all my own.
11 Questions For My Nominees
- When/why did you start blogging?
- Why have you continued blogging? (How have your reasons changed?)
- Who’s your best friend? How long have you known them? What quality do you like the most about them?
- What is one destination that’s on your bucket list?
- Are you a dog person or cat person?
- What is your favorite store/clothing brand?
- What’s one thing you’re going to accomplish this year? (In 2017 or the next 365 days)
- Would you ever go skydiving or swimming with sharks?
- What’s your ultimate vacation?
- Favorite dessert?
- Who’s someone you look up to? (Could be a blogger, celebrity, family member, friend, etc.)
I nominate these 11 ladies* (in no particular order, chosen randomly from some of my favorites):
- Sydney from S. Marie
- Talisa from That New Girl
- Cassie from Anchored in Amazing Grace
- Ally from Teaspoon of Sprinkles
- Leah from Graceful Soul, Grateful Heart
- Willow from Willowella
- Apostolia from Simply Apostolia
- Tori from the Freckled Prep
- Rachel from the Northern Prep
- Abigail from Peace Through Faith
- Hannah from Simply His Daughter
*(some of them are from my Facebook group , comment/email me Kristenshaneblog@gmail.com if you’re interested in joining it!!)
I will be notifying all my nominees, and I hope they will decide to participate and help build the blogging community in a positive way!
Thanks for reading, love & blessings!