Hey friends! Today I’m bringing you the second segment of Candidly Kristen. If you didn’t see my Candidly Kristen from January, but sure to read that post for the explanation of what to expect from these posts!
In short, I want to write these in the honest and ‘candid’ way y’all like to see from me. For today’s post, I’m sitting down with a smoothie and talking all about what went down this month (or last month since I’m a day late!).
If you follow me on Instagram, you might’ve seen my stories the other night talking about Candidly Kristen and what’s been going on with me lately. So many people replied to the stories with such kind, encouraging messages and it really inspired me to write this post wrapping up February, even if it’s technically March 😉
- On the blog:
- I didn’t post as much as I would’ve liked to in February, but (as you’ll see throughout this post) life happens. And it gets in the way of doing the things I’d like to do sometimes.
- Goals-wise, I crossed a couple things off my 2018 Goals list, like attending the Coalition for Collegiate Women’s Leadership conference in Atlanta, GA with FSU Panhellenic, which was an awesome experience.
- I used my new camera for a couple fun shoot-days, exploring Tallahassee with some friends and documenting our spring bid day for Gamma Phi!
- I dyed my hair for the first time ever! I’d been considering it for a while before going to the Aveda Institute here in Tallahassee, armed with a coupon (or course) and some Pinterest images in hand, and I absolutely love how it turned out. For reference, I got a partial balayage and we were aiming for a honey-toned-sun-kissed blonde look! The hair-coloring process was very interesting to me (there’s actually a lot of chemistry involved!) and it was fun for me to #treatmyself and finally just do it.
- I added some new plants to the fam. Life without puppies around is just not the same. I’ve been growing a little plant fam of my own and I just added these three cuties!
- I’ve given up meat for Lent. You can read my full posts about Lent linked above, but I’ve gone full vegetarian/pescatarian for Lent and it really has been the right decision for me.
- I had a really really hard week. It was a two-exams-two-presentations-and-a-paper kinda week where I had a really hard time getting everything done. Life gets crazy and busy and stressful, but I always want to be transparent about what’s going on. It’s not always pretty and styled and Instagram-worthy, but again, I really appreciate your reactions to my very-real Instagram stories!
- I’ve been making progress with my Etsy store, and it really has become such a special thing in my life. I just ordered some official business cards and branding materials so I’m very excited to keep moving forward and take my little business a little more seriously!
That’s all for now! Be sure to check out any posts ya missed from February, and follow me on Instagram if you haven’t already to stay updated!
As always, I truly appreciate your support of me and this blog. Have a blessed day, friend! And happy March 🙂