Today I’m sharing my back-to-college affordable clothing and home décor haul! I didn’t intend for this to be a ‘haul’, but I made some recent purchases for back-to-school and I wanted to share the good deals with y’all! You probably know by now that I love saving money, and I hardly pay full prices for things like clothes and shoes. I love shopping at stores like TJ Maxx that have great deals all the time, but American Eagle’s sales and clearance have been my recent favorite for affordable, cute clothing.
I’m sharing what I bought from TJ Maxx, Shein (thanks, @thetrendygalblog for the recommendations!), and American Eagle (all sale and/or clearance!). I’ll include exact items linked (this post contains affiliate links, see Disclaimer, but this linking system makes it even easier for me to share these products with y’all, instead of having to link individually) or some similar items!
I’ll also include what color and size I purchased. I talk about how I’d style these pieces in the video below, if you want to check that out! Every item I purchased was less than $20!
WATCH: Affordable College Clothing Haul (Under $20!)
- Purple tassel pillow $10 (similar) – I’m going for a ‘light and bright’ color scheme in my house. I’ve been looking for cream, white, and pastel-colored pillows. I love shopping the clearance sections, since pillows can get a tad expensive!
- Walk by Faith floral planner $9.99 (similar) – I couldn’t find the exact planner online, but TJ Maxx had so many cute and affordable planners for cheap! I’ve been using Lilly Pulitzer planners since high school, but I’m excited to try this one (filled with Bible verses) out!
- Rose gold earrings (sterling silver) $16.99 (similar) – I forget to mention it in the video, but the earrings I’m wearing were another TJ Maxx find! They’re large and sparkly rose gold studs (I usually only wear pearls, but I really liked these!) that are sterling silver! I was amazed at how many great items I found in the jewelry section.
- T-shirt dress $9 (M) – Like I mentioned, I bought these two items from Shein after watching @thetrendygalblog’s video-haul, so be sure to check that out for even more great Shein items! I’ve been loving light/dusty blue lately, but it comes in so many colors! I also love the olive green.
- Peplum top $11 (S) – I got red, also comes in black! Both these items were a tad see-through, but it wasn’t as noticeable on. Both were true to size!
- Softest lace bralette (S) – I paid $15, originally $25. I have this same bralette in white, and it is my absolute favorite! It’s so soft and gets better with wear. When I saw this in stock and on sale, I took it as my excuse to get the same one in black!
- Floral dress (S) – I got this in the ‘red’ color (but it’s more of a peachy pink). Originally $40, I paid just under $20. This is a great summer dress that would also pair well with a cardigan and booties for fall.
- Lace inset tank top (S) – I ordered this in black! Regularly $25, I paid $12. I keep going back to American Eagle because all their clothes are so soft and don’t lose shape! This would be another great piece for transitioning to the fall season.
- My favorite v-neck t-shirt (S) – I ordered this in burgundy and it’s regularly $20, but I paid $10. I have this same top in lilac as well. I wasn’t kidding in the video when I said this is my actual favorite style shirt! These slouchy v-necks are my favorite to throw up and wear with any type of bottom. I prefer the v-neck cut and I love pairing this with a bralette.
- Pink ‘New York’ Cropped T-shirt (M) – (exact here) Regularly $25, I paid $12. My sister just moved to NYC so I bought this for that! It makes me think of her every time I wear it or see it in my closet :).
- Tie-front tank (S) – This item didn’t arrive before I filmed the video, but it’ll be a great option for college game days! I got it in ‘burgundy’ and it’s originally $20, but I paid $10!
Which item was your favorite? Have you gone back to school shopping? Leave me a comment! You can also check out my 10 best items for your dorm room if ya missed that one yesterday!
August 16, 2018
I *love* TJ Maxx but a visit there is always so hit-or-miss for me. You found soooo many cute things though, I’m jealous! You’re making me want to take a trip over there sometime soon! 😉
August 16, 2018
Definitely check it out!! I always love TJ Maxx! If you can figure out (or just ask) what day your store restocks, that’s always the best way to get the best things!!
August 18, 2018
TJ Maxx is the best! It’s kinda bad because I can’t walk out without getting something! 🙂
August 18, 2018
I’m the same way!! They’re just too good!