*updated September 12, 2017*
Hi, guys! I talked about this post a little in my last post, and now that 2017 is almost exactly half way through (which is crazy), I wanted to update you guys on what’s been going on with me and talk about my goals for my life and this blog!
I’m home from college for the summer, and the adjustment to moving back home was harder than expected. I’ve been feeling kind of stuck and just not like my usual self recently, but I’m working on it, and organizing what I want to get done has helped a lot this week.
I usually don’t like creating bucket lists, because I feel like it’s better to make a list of things you’ve accomplished than to make a long list of things you may or may not get done… a lot can change in a year! But, I’ve been editing this list so far this year and I genuinely think I can accomplish most of it by December 31 of this year.
Below is my bucket list for the year, and after that I’ll talk a little about my goals for this blog so you know what to expect, and so I can keep myself accountable.
Some of these things are more general goals that won’t be “completed” until the end of the year, but I’ll keep updating the list as I finish things!
- Donate blood
- Donate hair for 4th time – Done 8/2/2017! Read about it here!
- Reach 90 total blog posts – Post #80 just went live!
- Keep above a 3.5 GPA – So far, so good!
- Get a summer job – I worked as a summer camp counselor!
- Move into my house!!! – I moved in 8/10/2017!
- Find a little in my sorority! Big Little Reveal was 10/11!
Visit at least 6 cities other than home & school– St. Petersburg, St. Augustine, Orlando, Treasure Island, Marco Island, FL, & Big Sky, MT
- Keep a regular workout routine
- Turn 20!!!
Reach 1000 Instagram followers by the end of summer– I hit 1003 on June 30!
- Celebrate 1 year of blogging – done! (read here)
- Do my first giveaway! – and done!
- Blog more about style, beauty, & DIY
- Grow the Facebook group (June 12 member count: 42, November 6 count: 86)
- Upgrade my site, or switch to self-hosted! – Switched to self-hosted 8/10/2017
- Work with more brands (or at least reach out to them)
- Open my own Etsy store! – see it here
- Be able to look back on a good year: one where I loved more, laughed more, created more, and loved the life I lived.
Like I’ve said, I always want this blog to show who I am, and I never want it to feel like work. This August will mark one whole year of blogging for me, and I still don’t feel like I’ve totally settled in a “niche”, but I also don’t feel like I have to settle.
I love writing posts about my thoughts and what I’m going through, and you’ll definitely keep seeing faith & inspiration posts from me! But, as I’ve grown my Instagram, I’ve wanted to start adding more style posts too, so you can expect to see more of that, like my last post!
I love blogging because it gives me a place where I can be myself and make my own rules. I love that it gives me a platform to share my light with the world, and meet so many other incredible people! I love that it pushes me and inspires me and drives me to be better.
I never want to “just be a blogger” who posts content and disappears. I want to be someone who’s readers feel like they know me, and I want to know them! I want to connect with people, and reach for community over competition. It’s not just about “the numbers”. It’s about the number of people I get to reach, connect with, and support.
I’m so glad you’re joining me for (at least a part) of this ride! I hope you’ll decide to stick around and see where it takes me. 🙂